MLA – Modern Language Association
- MLA stands for Modern Language Association.
- It is a STYLE GUIDE for writing papers and citing work.
- It is the major style guide used at Edmonds Woodway High School.
- MLA note taking lesson
Formatting the paper tips
- How to format your paper in MLA
- Formated Paper in MLA8 Template to copy
Works Cited tips
- *Citing in MLA8 Explained by CCBC Libraries. Includes examples.
- *Citing in MLA8 Overview Poster
- *Works Cited Template to copy
- How to Cite Primary Source
- The OWL at Purdue website has everything (and more!) you need to know about MLA! It is an online writing lab!
Parenthetical Citations or In text Citations
- Using Parentheticals or Intext Citations in your paper
- In Text Citations Examples
Writing the Research Paper –
- Great Example from Owl at Purdue
Some teachers require footnotes, which is found in the Chicago Style.
- A quick SLIDESHOW about footnotes
- Here is a clear explanation about how to insert them in Googledocs. (Do a ctrl-F and search for footnotes)
- Footnotes in Google Docs Video
- What do you type in the footnote?
- Good page from ucsc with details about how to write the footnote