MLA – Modern Language Association
- MLA stands for Modern Language Association.
- It is a STYLE GUIDE for writing papers and citing work.
- It is the major style guide used at Edmonds Woodway High School.
Formatting the paper tips
Works Cited tips
- *Citing in MLA8 Explained by CCBC Libraries. Includes examples.
- *Citing in MLA8 Overview Poster
- *Works Cited Template to copy
- How to Cite Primary Source
- The OWL at Purdue website has everything (and more!) you need to know about MLA! It is an online writing lab!
Parenthetical Citations or In text Citations
Writing the Research Paper –
Some teachers require footnotes, which is found in the Chicago Style.
- A quick SLIDESHOW about footnotes
- Here is a clear explanation about how to insert them in Googledocs. (Do a ctrl-F and search for footnotes)
- Footnotes in Google Docs Video
- What do you type in the footnote?
- Good page from ucsc with details about how to write the footnote