MLA – Modern Language Association
- MLA stands for Modern Language Association.
- It is a STYLE GUIDE for writing papers and citing work.
- It is the major style guide used at Edmonds Woodway High School.
Formatting the paper tips
Works Cited tips
- MLA Works Cited: Ms. R’s best hints.
- How to Cite Primary Source
- The OWL at Purdue website has everything (and more!) you need to know about MLA! It is an online writing lab!
- Some teachers require footnotes, which is found in the Chicago Style.
- Here is a clear explanation about how to insert them in Googledocs. (Do a ctrl-F and search for footnotes)
- What do you type in the footnote?
- A quick SLIDESHOW about footnotes
- Good page from ucsc with details about how to write the footnote